I have been wondering for a while when on earth Sony is going to release a Home Theater All in One system with Blu-ray. It seems like they keep introducing DVD all in one sets, however we all know Bu-ray won the HD format war and a lot of people are interested in a home theater set that will incorporate nice speakers and deliver Blu-ray as its main content provider to the user. Well, Sony finally woke up and is happy to present to you a set in the form of BDV-IT1000.
According to the EU Press release “In Japan, there’s a popular snack called Pocky® – a very thin, chocolate covered pretzel stick. And ‘Pocky’ is the code name Sony used during the development of the brand-new BRAVIA™ Theatre BDV-IT1000 Blu-ray Disc™ home cinema system. Why? It’s simple: the speakers used in the system look just as slim as the snack!
That’s made possible by an amazingly compact full-range speaker drive-unit developed by Sony’s engineers: just 16mm wide, it’s about the width of a finger. Three of these extremely narrow drive-units are used in each of the front and centre speakers, and two in the rear speakers.
And that’s not the only amazing technology in this superb new system: the BDV-IT1000 includes everything you need to experience the amazing audio and video quality of Blu-ray Disc, make the most of your existing DVD collection, connect up external HD sources such as the PLAYSTATION®3 or an HDTV tuner, and even enjoy music stored on portable devices or a wi-fi network.”
This set sports: 2 HDMI inputs, Xross Media Bar GUI (always a nice addition), audio support for the latest and greatest Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio complemented by 700Watts of Sony’s 32-bit Full Digital S-Master amplifier power, Digital Media port and wireless sourround rear speakers.
- Super-slim speakers made possible by finger-sized full-range drive units
- All-in-one home cinema system with integrated Blu-ray Disc drive
- Full HD 1080/24p picture quality with Deep Color and x.v.Colour
- Wireless rear speakers for great surround effects without cables
- BD-Live Ready: upgradable to Profile 2.0 for extra content and downloads via Ethernet port
- DVD upscaling to 1080p
- Two HDMI input terminals for connection of games consoles, HD TV decoder boxes or other sources, and one HDMI output
- Optical digital and analogue stereo inputs. Also composite/component video in
- Upconversion to HDMI for analogue sources
- Fast, perfect ‘one-touch’ set-up with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration
- BRAVIA Sync for integrated operation with other Sony components
- XrossMediaBar onscreen display for simple, logical operation of all functions
- Connectivity with Network WALKMAN® and iPod® players, Bluetooth devices and home Wi-Fi networks via DIGITAL MEDIA PORT, plus Portable Audio Enhancer
- 700W total power: 5x100W plus 2x100W for subwoofer, using efficient, high-quality 32-bit S-Master digital amplification