Without any fanfare or even a glimpse at CES, Sony has brought forth a surprise – VAIO E (EB) series. What’s great about it? Well, all the funky colors are there for you to cheer you up in the morning and any time of the day you will be using it. So here is what you can get and yea SonyStyle.com is taking pre-orders as well. Core i3 processors are available for pre-order now, and common specs of the i3-330M (2.1Ghz) version include Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 15.5″ LCD, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, CD/DVD burner, HDMI out, webcam, Bluetooth, and of course the glossy finish.
What’s really fun is you can personalize your notebook and let you choose a style that’s all your own. Even the interior is striking, with clear-coat palm rests that match the lid and available colorful keyboard skins to spice things up. I was wondering why Sony recently introduced a number of colorful VAIO mice, and it definitely makes sense now.
Aside from the fancy Coconut White, Gunmetal Black (available Feb. 7), Lava Black, Hibiscus Pink, and Iridescent Blue colors, there is the VAIO E Signature Collection model: VPC-EB1JFX/G in Green
- Intel® Core™ i3-330M (2.10GHz)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 15.5″ LCD, 4GB RAM
- 500GB HDD
- CD/DVD burner
- HDMI™ out
- Webcam, Bluetooth®, glossy finish
Other cool features present in each model that I found interesting are:
- Enjoy instant, one touch access to the web without booting up Windows® using the Web button
- The edge to edge isolated keyboard has a numeric pad built-in, giving you the experience of using a larger computer in a much smaller footprint. And with a pleasant-feeling textured touchpad that is integrated into the palmrest, your hands and fingers will be happy to compute.
There will be also a model available with Intel Core i5 Processor and Blu-ray drive on February 7. Starting at $899 not bad, not bad, Sony!
Explore more and pre-order here.