Say hello to the most advanced consumer camcorder Sony has ever released – the HDR-TD10 “double full HD” 3D camcorder, launched at CES 2011. This is one serious performer, and features dual Sony G lenses, dual Exmor R sensors, and dual BIONZ image processors.
Thankfully, for those of you who don’t have 3D displays quite yet, the TD10 records 2D HD perfectly well. Other standard features include 64GB of built in flash memory, a generous 3.5 inch LCD screen, 10x optical zoom, Optical Steadyshot, and other attractive features. The price point, $1500 when it debuts this April) seems fair for a first generation 3D consumer camcorder, especially considering this is a new type of product.
Sony HDR-TD10 3D High-Definition Flash Memory Handycam Camcorder
Available in April for about $1500
- World’s first “Double Full HD” 3D consumer camcorder w/ Integrated Dual Camera System – two Sony G Lenses, “Exmor R” CMOS sensors, “BIONZ” processors
- 3D or 2D HD recording with double full HD 1920×1080 video recording and 7- megapixel still image capture in photo mode (2D)
- View contents in 3D on the 3.5“ WIDE 3D/2D Xtra Fine with TruBlack technology LCD (1229K) without needing 3D glasses
- 64GB of internal flash memory, for 60p/24p recording capability in 2D
- Optical SteadyShot w/ Active Mode and iAuto even in 3D
- 10x optical zoom in 3D (12x in 2D), 17x Extended Zoom
- Event Browse for automatic grouping of content by events and Highlight Playback & Highlight Share (2D only) to create highlight reels automatically
- Built-in mic w/ 5.1ch surround system, Clear Phase stereo speakers with S- Master technology, wind noise reduction, mic/HP jack, and audio level meter