SonicStage CP 4.0 has finally arrived! As mentioned in our previous report, the new SonicStage CP 4.0 includes full support for features exclusive to the WALKMAN A Series. Therefore, we were hoping Sony will finally make SonicStage a fully unicode software since it’s been tweaked to support the WALKMAN A Series. Unfortunately, unicode support has yet to be implemented with this update. On the bright side, it is already apparent that there is a substantial increase in the navigational speed, especially in previously laggy areas such as ‘My Library’. Accordingly, SonicStage CP 4.0 now supports the following WALKMAN devices:
- Hi-MD Walkman
- Net MD Walkman
- NW-E series
- NW-A series
- NW-HD series
- NW-M S Series
- ATRAC CD Walkman
- Support for the Walkman A series.
- Recording and playback support for AAC format – encode and transfer 3GP/MP4/M4A at 80-320kbps.
- AAC tunes in SonicStage CP can be transferred directly to the NW-A3000/A1200/A1000 without converting them to ATRAC format.
a. Firmware version 3.0 is required for this feature. –> click here for more details
b. Copyright protected AAC files cannot be played back
- Artist Link function is now available on SonicStage CP 4.0.
- Full support of Intelligent features exclusive to the Walkman A series.
- Selectable background image.
SonicStage : 4.0.00.05080
SonicStage Add-on for Personal Audio Download : 4.0.01.05160
OpenMG Secure Module : 4.5.01.04270
MagicGate Memory Stick Device : 4.5.01.04270
NW-E2, NW-E3, NW-E5 and NW-E8P : 4.5.01.04270
OpenMG CD : 4.5.01.04270
M.S. PRO : 4.5.01.04270
CD Walkman : 4.5.01.04270
ATRAC Audio Device with Intelligent function : 4.5.01.04270
Hi-MD : 4.5.01.04270
Music Clip, NW-S4, NW-E7 and NW-E10 : 4.5.01.04270
ATRAC Audio Device : 4.5.01.04270
Net MD : 4.5.01.04270
EMD Plug-in : 18.104.22.168
CD-R 書き込みモジュール(Audio CD/ATRAC CD/MP3 CD) : 4.0.01.05160
Px Engine : 22.214.171.1240